Re: keeping acrylic paint

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 05:30:41 PDT

In a message dated 4/26/02 1:24:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cdahn@lake-mills.k12.ia.us writes:

> Does anyone have a good idea for keeping acrylic paint from one day
> to the next for a painting class? I tried the plastic paint palettes
> with lids.

I have had success with simple cheap zip lock bags I get at the dollar
store. We use styro trays from the supermarket as palettes and I found the
gallon size bag fits them. The curved sides keep the bag from dipping into
the paint. Sometimes we just have to cut off one end if it doesn't fit in.
Try to get the deeper styro trays. 1/2 egg crates also fit in these bags.
The bags get reused if they are still clean enough inside.

Marsha

---