Re: keeping acrylic paint

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 05:28:28 PDT

In a message dated 04/26/2002 1:24:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cdahn@lake-mills.k12.ia.us writes:

> Does anyone have a good idea for keeping acrylic paint from one day
> to the next for a painting class? I tried the plastic paint palettes
> with lids. They are not working very well for us. Tend to dry out.
> I have some larger covered palettes but they are expensive. Is there
> a creative alternative that is not expensive. I am anxious to hear
> of any ideas.

If your district has the money for supplies, I suggest ordering the clear
plastic cups with lids. Lids are sold separately. They come in three sizes
(I get the middle size-5oz.?) and they stack beautifully. The paint lasts
for months stored in them, and then, I dispose of them when the projects(s)
are finished. Sometimes, kids mix their own custom colors and even write
their names on the lid so they have the paint from week to week. At present,
I have four trays in my room with stacked with these these plastic cups: one
for tempera, one with acrylic, another with glazes. I am also using them to
store a variety of dried beans as 4th grade are designing "dried bean masks".
 Easy, each week have been putting the cups with the different beans on the
table.

I am almost sure I get these from Sax and order them by the hundreds. Judy,
more information, please.
Susan on Long Island

---