Mural projects

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 20:54:54 PDT

My students have been doing murals in our school system for two years. I
started mural projects when I came to this school district. It was one way
of channeling students energies in another direction. Allot of my mural
artists are struggling academically and for them to do a mural - builds self
esteem, self worth etc. We either, make stencils or project an image, using
an overhead, onto the wall. Right now, my students are doing a five foot by
thirty foot mural on canvas.. more portable this way. I also have some of my
students doing murals in the hallways and gymnasiums. My students receive
one credit for doing the murals.. they sign a contract with rules and
regulations.. with a paper do at the end of each semester. The parents have
to sign off on the contract.
Wayne S
hubbardk@amaesd.k12.mi.us

---