Re: "Art on a Cart"

---------

From: Linda Callaway (lindacall_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 18:42:12 PDT

I taught "Art on a Cart" for 3 years before I got one school, one classroom.
(At one time I had 5 elem schools) Janitor's closet, get a large bucket of
clean water, have another large bucket for dirty water. Always pour waste
water in toilet and flush, or use the lg. sink in the janitor's closet.
Make folders for every class, store in the homeroom teacher's classroom if
possible. Wet artwork can be lined up in the hallway outside the classroom
on newspaper, and designate a responsible student to collect them and place
in folder. MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE CUSTODIAN!!! He/she will be willing to
help with the problems that WILL happen if you do. Ask parents/PTA for
paper towels, wet-ones, and keep your host classroom tidy. Strongly
reccomend that you aquire storage space at school for cart and supplies.
Keep seperate basics at each site. (Glue, scissors, papers, etc) Dragging
stuff will wear you out. Get a rolling suitcase for things you must
transport (garage sales) to save your back. Don't make the mistake I did
and start a still life drawing at several schools and have to drag the
materials to several sites instead of leaving it until done. Rotate
lessons. Hope these ideas help, and maybe I can answer some specific
questions you may have.
Linda