Re: dinosaurs

---------

From: sbacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 17:24:32 PDT

Barb,

You could start with some guided drawings of dinos. Demonstrate on
overhead -- lots of good "How to Draw Books" out there. Then let thme
draw on their own, nice and big. Do different texture rubbings with
crayons to fill in area of dino, then water color wash. Using different
types of texture papers, or color or printed papers, create a 3D habitat
for dinos -- lots of overlapping. Kids love wild colors and these
dinoramas have the potential to turn out really beautiful. You could
water color backgrounds -- do two and do the accordian fold thing -- two
scenes. If you visit the Wyoming Dinosaur Museum site, they have
actually discovered dinos there that roamed during the Jurassic Period.

You can use junk and make dinosaur sculptures. You could cover with
brown paper towels, paint with tempra, coat of modpodge and tadaa!

Hope this helps, just off the top of my head.

barb cicchelli wrote:

> I'm doing a Jurassic Park class Saturday for kids...anyone got any
> cool ideas.?.it's for 4 hrs. I know--nothing like leaving it to the
> last minute...I must like the thrill and excitement of a nervous
> breakdown..Barb

---