Re: "Art on a Cart" classroom rules

---------

From: Susan M Kipp (smkipp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 15:33:58 PDT

Hi Krista,
Welcome to the profession.
Classroom Rules/Ground Rules
ON THE FIRST DAY!!!!
Have the kids tell YOU what their regular classroom rules are. List them.
Ask them if they think the rules are appropriate for the art room (or art
time). Let them generate rules especially for Art. Then break the class up
into small groups (4 or less) to make a poster illustrating one or more of
the rules. I put up the best posters in the classroom to refer to for the
rest of the year. I put the rest of them up in the halls for a while.
GOOD LUCK<, hope you get a job soon. Keep us posted :).
Susan in OR