Re: keeping acrylic paint

---------

From: Debbie Stone (dstone_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 11:16:15 PDT

Try recycled cottage cheese ,cool whip etc. containers. The lids fit tight and keep the paint from drying. An added chunk of wet sponge also helps...of course the standard idea of the paint pallets has to be left behind. I have found that the kids start mixing in the lid, up the sides, on the bottom, and pretty much all over. An added bonus is that they seem to be putting less paint in the container than they would on a flat surface.. therefore wasting less.>>>

Caryl Dahn <cdahn@lake-mills.k12.ia.us> 04/26/02 12:20PM >>>
Does anyone have a good idea for keeping acrylic paint from one day
to the next for a painting class? I tried the plastic paint palettes
with lids. They are not working very well for us. Tend to dry out.
I have some larger covered palettes but they are expensive. Is there
a creative alternative that is not expensive. I am anxious to hear
of any ideas.

--
Caryl Dahn