RE: Art & Literacy

---------

From: Kathleen Hubbard (hubbardk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 08:01:24 PDT

Hi Wynn:
Things are not too good in Alcona. 8 teachers will be gone next year and we are absorbing the positions-those teachers will not be replaced. I miss chatting with you-how did your St. Teaching experience go? I am certain you will be very successful.

I received the Toyota Professional Development Award for 2002 and am going to Japan in June. (All expenses paid). I am thrilled. I will share the curriculum I develop with you if you wish. Any application plans in the works for next year? Where do you want to teach?

Art and literacy projects and studies can be found in the NAEA journals which can be purchased through their home office. Call them and explain what you want. Also, I subscribe to them for $15 per year, (cheap) and get a copy of every journal submitted. Makes great reading to remain fresh. I have read a ton of those on the subject-KHubbard