Visual Culture & Students

---------

From: Cindi Hiers (suwanneecrew_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 05:01:33 PDT

This thread is very interesting, and I have printed
out several comments in regard to technique and the
importance of it in relation to history and the study
of art. Why you ask?? Because I want my students to
read it too. The conversations hit upon issues for
many students, and they really get tired of me
preaching to the choir so to speak. Skill level hits
the kids who sign up for extended years in art, but
are not "artist" material (you know the kind I am
talking about), and the emotional growth (idea art)
hit the kids who's skill levels are high but they
don't step out of their comfort zone (tight I think
they are called...). The neatest thing about this
group, and bringing information into my classes from
it, is my kids get a "wordly" feel. I read ARTnews to
them all the time too, and have 2 years worth for
their enjoyment. Just wanted to share.
TGIF!!
Peace, Cindi