Color theory lesson in computer lab

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 20:08:13 PDT

I have an idea that I'm about to use with my second graders...They will
draw a picture (contour line drawing) that they copy and paste repeatedly
in photoshop. We've just finished painting color wheels and learning
about all of the color schemes. THey'll use the fill bucket tool to create
a different color scheme in each pasted version of their original drawing.
 Should be fun for them to see how different their choices will make their
drawing look. I know this is not a NEW idea, but I have not taken my 2nd
graders to the lab yet and I think they'll have a lot of fun with this.
It wouldn't take as long as actually painting them that way, and it would
be using technology. Just thought I'd share my thought of the day.

---