Re: ceramic leaf imprints

---------

From: Deb M. (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 13:08:32 PDT

You can make the impressions in clay and bisque fire it (even leave the leaf
in the clay) then use a dark glaze painted over the piece, and then just
wipe off the SURFACE glaze, so the glaze stays in the impression. You can
put clear glaze over that and fire. Or, you can just stain with regular
wood stain and DON"T FIRE A SECOND TIME.