Cluck Update

---------

From: sbacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 12:42:08 PDT

Hi, All.

For those of you who are interested, King Cluck and Queen Cluckopatra
are finally leathery and significantly lighter in weight. The 4th
graders bathed them in wine, rubbed them with scented oil and stuffed
the cavity with dried orange peel and rose hips. Surprisingly there was
not an offensive odor... a little "fowl," but not bad. Sorry!

The kids then started applying strips of cheesecloth to the birds with
water soluble varnish. It's working great. I hope these critters are
going to be finished by the end of the year. They are still designing
their mummy cases.

Sandy

---