BARBEQUE SKEWERS and other must have's

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshette_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 09:29:51 PDT

Hi,
I too, purchase bar-b-que skewers by the ton. They are a multi-purpose art room tool and material. When we did Day of the Dead sculptural figures, the skewers provided miniature wood dowels just the right size for accessories. We have wrapped paper beads on them, strung mobiles from them, used them for pointillism and poked each other with them (just kidding, I hope). Cheap and great!!

I know we have done this thread of 'unusual art supplies' before, but it would be nice to continue contributing to those lists of 'must have's'

I buy tons of cheap zip lock sandwich bags. Students label them with their names (in perm. marker) and store everything from collage cut outs to selected colors of oil pastels. These keep individual's stuff together when we clean up and throm things into the table tubs.

Alix E. Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA