Visual Culture

---------

From: Amanda Linn (toasterart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 09:23:54 PDT

Regarding preparation of a scholarship portfoilo...I
know I teach primarily in a constructavist manner. My
students don't seem to have trouble getting art
scholarships. I would not advise a student of mine to
go to a college that didn't value his/her ability to
process ideas.
I think a portfolio containing planning sketches,
evidence of growth over time, etc. would be a pretty
powerful document for a college to view.

Visual culture? DBAE? I think the key is to know your
core beliefs about what is important in your teaching.
What, in your opinion, do students need to know and be
able to do...

What core beliefs would you go to the wall to defend?
Just some thoughts.

Amanda Linn

=====