RE: Summer Clay

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 09:21:00 PDT

roll clay in Fabric lace doilies, and then roll up into a vase.
roll clay into snakes, and push together to make small plates (trivets)
pinch pots
roll clay out, use cookie cutters, and make wind chimes
roll clay out, get a basket full of items that have texture or can make
impressions, and have kids press into the clay with the the items, making
the impression. (After the clay is fired, and before you glaze it, it can
be used to pour paper pulp into to make a "positive" impression of handmade
paper. Be sure you spray a little PAM into the clay mold first. Can pour
plaster into as well.) Then, you can glaze and fire the clay: Voila! Two
or Three projects from one!

Kathy Tickner
Byron Excelsior Middle School (who also taught Montessori Pre-school and
Kindergarten for 5 years)