Re: display panels- final installment

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 03:53:18 PDT

The display panels are up and have been attracting complements all week! I
hung one work from every kiddo k - 5 and it's a good thing that we're a small
school! I got a large box of pre-cut gold mats for free earlier this year, so
most of the work is framed in gold. The kids typed labels to go with their
art, explaining what it is and why they chose it. The other fun thing the
show has is a digital slide show of a few hundred other works and shots of kids
doing art, and on art field trips. I took digital photos all year, stuck them
in a slide show program that plays them in random order, hooked up a VCR to the
computer and made videotapes of the slides. I have TVs spaced between the
panels showing these tapes.
  A teacher I work with at another school who knows how much work an art show
is asked me, "Why did you do that? Was it required?" Now, I didn't know how
long it would take or how hard it would be when I started, or I might have been
deterred from trying it, but now I can think of ways to pull it off easier and
faster. I can't see not doing it again to give kid recognition for doing the
art. I'm going to have to figure out how to get it bigger and better next year.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---