Re: Visual Culture: Is a Paradigm 20 cents?

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 14:24:18 PDT

I don't see that there is any conflict between
shifting from DBAE to Visual Culture in one's approach
to teaching or in thinking. They are interconnected
and interrelated. If we teach history and criticism
and aesthetics, visual culture is an evolutionary leap
in thinking, not in practice.

We are living in an era where "both/and" thinking
supplants "either/or" paradigms. Embrace both, do
both. Find what fits.