RE Names on Clay

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 13:14:45 PDT

Thank you for the wonderful ideas. I especially like the stamp idea for
letters, the dots for classes.

We just finished a "Meet the Masters" for one day, the 2nd - 5th
grades, all day, Henry Moore. Each class (3 per grade) had 20 min. in
each of 3 classrooms - Drama (2 Moms dressed as Mr. Moore and wife,
complete with accent!), Music (Rhythm) with the Beatles and Andrew Lloyd
Weber, all from England. In Art we made nature inspired maquettes of a
handfull of clay, with rocks, shells and sticks as examples at the
table. The day was a success, but now I have 240+ little clay maquettes
to fire. We assigned each child a number (1-240) and a Mom wrote their
name next to their number as they turned in their work. 2-3 Parents
volunteer and come in to help 'do' each class.
It was loads of fun, but hard work. Yes, Donuts and donut holes were
served as an example of positive and negative space, thanks to a
suggestion I got here on the listserve.

Next time I'll try some of these other ideas.

Jan

---