Re: comment

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 00:08:25 PDT

I would add to Randy's comment that to create a label
for the nature of the comments, implies a certain
judgment that by it's nature, is dissmissive. In such
a case, the comments serve to be divisive and polarize
discussion.

Is it elitist to present one's opinions and ideas?

From my point of view, only thing to discuss here is
whether you agree or not as to the role and place of
cookie cutter art lessons in the curriculum and to
present your opinions in response. But when someone
calls the comments themselves "elitist", by the very
nature of the judgment, the person becomes the same.
Is that discussion?

Comments that ridicule or try to personalize the
judgment to the person, have no place in discourse.
Over the last seven or so years that I have signed off
and on this list, I would say that this tendency to
make dissent a personal attack, is to the detriment of
the list as well, instead of facilitating a more
lively discussion.

--- Menninghaus Randy <india99@infi.net> wrote:
 Be very careful of elitism.