Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:how to transfer a drawing to fabric

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:59:34 PDT

I'd love to learn more information about how you transfer the image onto
fabric. Doesn't the fabric get stuck in the printer? Michelle

To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <>
Subject: Re:how to transfer a drawing to fabric
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:29:51 -0400

There are a couple of ways to transfer a picture to fabric. It
depends how permanent you want it. I have been experimenting
with this for a couple of months because I am making a memory
quilt for my son. If you have scanner you can scan the picture
into photoshop and enlarge,crop, etc. Take a piece of fabric
and iron it to a piece of freezer paper (the shiny side) then run it though
you printer. But this will not be permanent.
There is a product that you can us to make it permanent but it
take a bit more work. If you're interested e-mail me and I'll
give you more details. You can also get ink jet t-shirt
transfer from a computer store and follow directions. Didn't
like this because it was too stiff. But it worked. And you can
go to a copy store and they will transfer it using a laser
printer. I have not tried this because I had alot of photos
to do. There are also books that can explain some of this. If
you want more info let me know.
TD in NJ