Re: comment

---------

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:48:56 PDT

well said Randy!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Menninghaus Randy
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 7:00 PM
  Subject: comment

  There seems to be a bit of a flame going on about information being exchanged on the list. All sorts of arts people use this list on all sorts of level. If I believe the request is at a very simple level, I will respond that way re butterflies on pencils. Be very careful of elitism. I have taught k-8 ,8-10grades 9-12 in many public school settings and in two countries. I have grown as an educator to be more accepting and understanding of all teachers. I used to be an art snob in my earlier days. I didn't do "holiday art". Art was never the hand maiden for some other subject. I would gag at hearing the words macaroni, gold spray paint and elmers glue all in one sentence.
  I am much wiser now than I was then.

  If you find the level and depth of comments on the list vary.... remember diversity.

  Now, I shall go off and eat some macaroni.

  ---Randy in gray rainy Maine

  ---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu

---