comment

---------

From: Menninghaus Randy (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 16:25:09 PDT

There seems to be a bit of a flame going on about information being
exchanged on the list. All sorts of arts people use this list on all sorts
of level. If I believe the request is at a very simple level, I will respond
that way re butterflies on pencils. Be very careful of elitism. I have taught
k-8 ,8-10grades 9-12 in many public school settings and in two countries. I have
grown as an educator to be more accepting and understanding of all teachers. I
used to be an art snob in my earlier days. I didn't do "holiday art". Art was
never the hand maiden for some other subject. I would gag at hearing the words
macaroni, gold spray paint and elmers glue all in one sentence.

I am much wiser now than I was then.

If you find the level and depth of comments on the list vary....
remember diversity.

Now, I shall go off and eat some macaroni.

---Randy in gray rainy Maine

---