Re: Names on Clay

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 11:10:34 PDT

Every piece of ceramic artwork I fire has to have:
#1 the artist's name scratched into the bottom, and
#2 a small scrap of paper with the student's name and class written on it.
The name paper label gets clipped onto the Kiln Firing Log clipboard when the kiln is loaded, and is then matched to the piece again when unloaded. The names scratched into the piece itself may become illegible, but with the name papers, matching them up is easy.
Mark