Kindergarten Iris painting - lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 07:15:30 PDT

I asked the list member for more details -- her email is copied below.

From Jean:

I wish I had printed or saved the original because lots of people are asking
and I really can't take credit. Here is how I did it:
1. 3 rows of color, blue, purple, fluor.pink (tempera) on a large plastic
plate (not mixed)
2. dip side of hand in paint randomly picking up a little of each color
3. make a "C" shape with hand and wiggle the hand on the paper in 3-4
spots -
keeping the "heel " of the hand in one spot so the flower has a center.
(think of the shape of the leaves of an iris and it makes sense.

I did 3 flowers on a 9 x 24 sheet having the kids make each flower above the
last
The stems and leaves are painted with watercolor, the yellow part of the
flower I had them dot with their pinkie finger.

Hope this helps.
Jean

---