Re: Canned Lesson Plans

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 23:15:51 PDT

My comments are specifically related to teachers who
expect that their students produce uniform products
from an art lesson by giving them a model they copy. I
believe models and outcomes should be interpreted
individually. Students should be able to come up with
their own ways of interpreting concepts and using
skills. Butterflies and flowers that all look the same
or are closely aligned in style and content is like
practicing writing by tracing letters. Yes, there is a
purpose but it is a tool only and should not be the
end product.