Re: Canned Lesson Plans

---------

From: greg sharp (eldoradoreefgold_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 16:05:46 PDT

' technical' 'disciplines' can be very telling when they are utterly ignored......e.i.in this age of spelling checkers....hop...hop....hop....hop.....king me!!!
  HydrideN@aol.com wrote: A great thought. Most students never (even thouse with a BFA ) learn a basic
skill set to create art. When one considers other disaplines a skill set is
the foundation that is taught first. Lets say music; one must first learn to
read music.
I attended Parson's for awhile because the 4 year lib. arts college I was
attending while giving me a great over all education,was missing the boat on
fine art.
Most of the classes aimed at thinking about art rather than techical abilty.
How can one bring ideas to life if you haven't mastered a media?
There are ways to teach skills in a lesson plan, while still creating oooh's
and ahh's for parents.
"Teaching Art with Books Kids Love" by Darcie Clark Frohart is a great book
to get ideas from. She has lesson plans based on teaching skills. Or use her
premise to create your over projects.