Re: The Incas

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 13:36:13 PDT

There were two projects I did: we made relief
"sculptures" out of copper foil based on the motifs of
the Incas.

For a mummy project: I wrapped the Direcot of our
school in plaster coated cotton strips during an
introductory lesson on Egyptian Art where we creatd a
plaster cast of a full body. We worked with the
classroom teacher to support and reinforce Egyptian
Art concpets. I used an old artsednet post
recommending the person wear two layers of clothes,
the one that would get "wrapped"in duct tape and a
layer underneath when the top layer was cut off and
removed.

We did it with the classical pose of the arms folded
over the chest, then removed it from the body by
cutting it in half. You could do the same thing for
the Incas, considering how they cut off the outer skin
of people and stuffed them as offering to the gods.

Teresa