RE: Barbie

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 08:14:48 PDT

You know what, I find "any recognition" towards the arts a good thing. I
don't thing being "disppointed" is the way to go. I look at the Art Teacher
Barbie as a "gift horse", and would never knock it. Barbie, however
incorrect they might be over the years, is the most marketable, world-wide
figure, and I personally, think it's an honor.....I only wish I had her
figure!
Take pride in the recognition, laugh like we've been doing with the "real"
version, and enjoy the recognition. I personally, look at Barbie as a piece
of "art", and like any worthy art, the real crux, is to get dialogue
going.........isn't that what has happened?
She get's my two-cracked-no-finger-nails thumbs up! (I'm just glad they
didn't make an Art Teacher GI Joe!, although coming into the classroom, is
like going to battle everyday!
I can't wait to go get one, to go with my Ice Capades Barbie and my Mets
Barbie!
Kathy Tickner
Byron/Excelsior Middle School, CA