Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Packrats?

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 13:42:49 PDT

        I'm learning the ills of being a pack rat. My school gets air this
summer (major construction) and I have to pack up almost everything.
I've sent about 50 boxes to storage already. I throw away every week.
Lots, lots more to go. We had a trunk sale. We loaded up stuff others
might want and parked at a central location to give it away.
        Guess what, I went to our recycle center this morning to get more
stuff I needed for Monday. Woody in KC

> Marcia Scurfield wrote:
> I am one of the best recycler/pack rats around! This is not
> necessarily a good thing, or at least there is a good and bad aspect
> to my materials collection. I have read with great interest the reuse
> centers discussed in recent threads.

> I spent several hours yesterday (a rainy Saturday) deconstructing
> about 250 boxes of Paas Easter Egg dye kits generously donated by my local
> Dillons grocery store. The part I wanted was the tablets of food color dye,

> Marcia, Derby, KS

                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on
 my watercolors are at