Packrats?

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 10:20:42 PDT

My book club recently read the book, "Stern Men", by Elizabeth Gilbert. One
of the profound concepts in the book was that we are shaped by the type of
job we have. I am one of the best recycler/pack rats around! This is not
necessarily a good thing, or at least there is a good and bad aspect to my
materials collection. I have read with great interest the reuse centers
discussed in recent threads.

I spent several hours yesterday (a rainy Saturday) deconstructing about 250
boxes of Paas Easter Egg dye kits generously donated by my local Dillons
grocery store. The part I wanted was the tablets of food color dye, but I
also have stacks of Easter stickers, Easter animal cardboard puzzles and
matching games, flattened boxes, wax "crayons", wire egg dippers, Easter egg
"shrink wrappers and paper egg holders.

I think the flattened boxes will make an excellent disposable surface for
rolling out printer's ink. Any ideas for the other stuff?

I can come up with uses for just about everything except the plastic shrink
wrappers--Paas calls them EggArounds--and the paper egg holders--chick,
bunnies, turtles to make the eggs stand up. I think the EggArounds would be
good for someone who is in charge of a church or community easter egg hunt
and wants to use real eggs--I've got 250 X 6= 1500 wrappers. Any takers?

Marcia, Derby, KS