Re: ArtJunction and Peace Portraits

---------

From: V Moreira Komando (komandov_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 08:56:10 PDT

Thank you all for the kind words, and yes, this was
part of my follow on plan for my Fulbright. It has
been a learning situation all around - for the
students as well as myself - especially when
technology becomes "possessed" ;p and I lost some of
the files.

It is a LOT OF ADDITIONAL WORK for both the students
and the teachers. I am very fortunate to be working
with great teachers (Tsutuo, Myriam, Cindi, Patti, and
Barbara)who were willing to do the extra work involved
with their classes and to have their students and mine
collaborate. Communication is not always easy with
hectic school schedules and demands.

The best parts of this experience include seeing how
my students have reacted and what they have expressed
they have realized about peace and others, working
with teachers collaboratively in a peace effort, and
connecting classrooms. This has been a most rewarding
experience for me personally.

I hope to do this lesson again, earlier in the new
school year 2002 - 2003.I hope I have picked up on how
to simplify a few things for the teachers so that it
is easier to manage.

~^~
Vivian

> the Portraits of
> Peace with a Gallery section (of some of the first
> ones done), and the lesson.
>
> Portraits of Peace
> Links:
>
> Portraits of Peace:
> http://www.artjunction.org/articles/komando1.html
>
> Gallery:
> http://www.artjunction.org/gallery.html
>
> Lesson:
> http://www.artjunction.org/articles/komando1b.html
>
> ~^~
> Vivian

Vivian, these are fantastic!!!! Is this art part of
your follow-on plan for
the Fulbright?
Susan on Long Island

--part1_f5.1aa32584.29f2a715_boundary