Re: two sided picture

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 02:40:12 PDT

Look at the art of Yakov Agam, an Israeli artist. I think Sax has a kit
for doing such a project. However, the simpliest way is to have students
make two different paintings or drawings--the more contrast the better.
Cut them into strips, keeping them in order.

Glue the strips to another sheet of paper, alternating the strips from each
of the images. Then fold accordian style. When you stand it up, you can
view the first drawing from one side, the second drawing from the other
side and both images at the same time from the front for an interesting
abstract.

Judie J

>I'm looking for the lesson plans for the two sided picture - kind of an
>optical illusion. As you walk by the picture it changes from one image
>to another. Anyone remember who submitted it or where it can be found?
>Thanks,
>Nora

---