Re: Kindergarten Iris Paintings

---------

From: Elissa Spruill (arteduk8r_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 20:30:08 PDT

> I know that if the
> work goes home with the kids as a gift, it will be seen as a classroom
> project (not art class). I have overheard parents in the past
> complimenting my projects by saying "the kindergarten teachers do such a
> great job." Any advice?

When I send projects home, I always (or at least try to) attach a short
description of the art lesson to the back of the project. I even type list
the art SOL's at the end...so the parents will know that we have them too.

It's usually a short paragraph/blurb. It only takes a few minutes to type
them up. I type it out on the computer, copy and paste it down the page,
print one copy and xerox the rest. After they have been xeroxed, I cut them
and either glue or staple them to the artwork.

Mine go a little like this:
Today in Art, we learned about the artist Georgia O'Keefe. She was famous
for her paintings of flowers. We discussed how the flowers look and how she
made you feel like a "human butterfly". After discussing her paintings, we
created a flower painting of our own. Ask me about the flower I painted.
ART SOL's: K.1, K.2.....

Hope this helps.
Elissa

---