RE: Ok...I can't help it....I have to put in my version

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 12:47:09 PDT

Wow, Linda,
I LOVE your description of Art Teacher Barbie, or rather the "dreams of"
part. I have taught art for over 26 years and do have some parts of the
dream. Yes, I do teach summer school or go to grad school, but I have a
wonderful studio and try to make time to get out there and work. Sometimes,
I just go out there and sit to reconnect with ME.

As for all the stressful parts of Art Teacher Barbie that you and I and
others have described, I think that we can admit that being connected with
the arts gives us a special 'something' in our lives. We are lucky!!

Alix Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA
apeshette@djusd.k12.ca.us

"A clean house is a sign of a misspent life."