Re: ICE Breaker

---------

From: Linda Callaway (lindacall_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 06:46:41 PDT

Mary, I have done several inservice workshops and one of the favorite things
we do is painted textured papers. Have some student college' work to
display using them, then have the teachers paint some papers. Here's an
easy way to do it: Using a lg. tray or cookie sheet- put out a different
color of tempera paint on each end. (Have several combinations.) Using a
12 x 18 sheet of paper or larger, roll out a layer of paint with a brayer.
Use other color on top, leaving some of the white paper showing through.
This creates a very quick textured paper and can be done by even
Kindergarteners. We've made dinasaurs, landscapes, and monsters, etc. with
the paper. (Other papers, such as junk printing, sponge prints, splash
painting, can be displayed.)
Hope this helps,
Linda