Ok...I can't help it....I have to put in my version

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 06:31:01 PDT

THis IS a crackup. I love reading these hilarious posts.

MY ART TEACHER BARBIE:

Still lives in her tiny condo because she married her highschool
sweetheart/writer/teacher Ken/Chris, and they are both so busy trying to
further their own artistic/literary endeavors that both refuse to work
real jobs in the summertime. (But at least they understand each other in
their tiny condo.)

Has her studio in her artroom and teaches her kids what she wants to do
herself so that she can justify buying equipment she can't afford for
herself! (But they love it because she is passionate about what she is
teaching!)

Wishes she could actually DO the artwork she wants to do for herself in
her classroom studio, but she is always too busy teaching and preparing
and writing curriculum and hanging artwork and matting and shopping for
supplies and working on her website and taking photographs of her kids art
for her website and planning all day field trips and working up power
points and reading the getty arts ed net list religiously, and so on, that
she can never seem to find time for herself.

Wears capri pants and clogs and sandals and long shirts and makes her own
silver jewelry because she can't afford to buy what she wants.

Can be found in the summertime taking art classes at the museum school, or
Penland or Arrowmont, or Haystack Mountain.

Travels religously to Carmel (for Point Lobos/Big Sur) every summer for a
week to remember what life is supposed to be like. Dreams of living in a
little house on a bluff with golden grasses blowing gently in the
wind...her jewelry/ceramics studio upstairs (with a dumb waiter, of
course), overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean, windows open, curtains
blowing softly, gulls and seals heard in the distance, flowers surrounding
her, and her writer/husband Ken/Chris working away the hours writing his
latest best seller in the stuiod next door.

---