a butterfly blast from the past

---------

From: Menninghaus Randy (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 03:58:43 PDT

Okay I am showing my elementary roots here. A little quick butterfly
lesson I taught to 1 and 2nd grade was the butterfly that you attach to a
pencil. Okay a tad tacky but they loved them. It was a symmetry lesson.
fold flexible paper I believe it was photocopy paper.paper cut the wing and 1/2
of a generous body. Open and slide eraser end of a pencil into the fold at the
body end. Tape or glue the body to the pencil. fold the wings slightly open then
move. The butterfly gently flaps its wing.

---Randy from Maine

---