Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: mural project

From: Grimes, Mary Lynn (MGrimes_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 10:47:39 PDT

I'd love to hear more about it.

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 11:38 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: RE: mural project

I have recently completed a mural with 68 middle/high school students. It
is a mosaic composition completely done in ceramic, quarry tile, glass,
copper, slate, marble and porcelain. The mural is on an atrium overhand 20
feet in the air. The scaffolding was a bit scary, but we got used to it.
The mural dimensions are 27 feet long by 7 feet high. We used over 54,000
pieces of material to complete the design. It took 1 1/2 years to complete
after school and on the weekends. I would be happy to share other details
with anyone interested.