Re: Mural Class description

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 22:55:31 PDT

I just wrote my practicum thesis on building a community of leaders through
a mural project I did last summer and am continuing this summer. SchoolArts
just accepted an article about it.
tips:
Have a good design...one that meets approval of wall owners
Use a grid method of putting on the wall....projection didn't work for us
Use muffin tins (6 cup kind) for mixing paint and saving
Buy pourable lids to put on the gallons...it saves a ton of paint.
INVOLVE THE COMMUNITY...let them hold a brush as they ask about it.
TALK to the city officials and police department beforehand (We were almost
arrested the first night for graffitting a wall, it was just like an episode
of cops, they were coming on me and my entourage of 7th and 8th graders!)
If you need any other suggestions, feel free to e-mail me directly.