Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Mural Class description

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 22:55:31 PDT

I just wrote my practicum thesis on building a community of leaders through
a mural project I did last summer and am continuing this summer. SchoolArts
just accepted an article about it.
Have a good that meets approval of wall owners
Use a grid method of putting on the wall....projection didn't work for us
Use muffin tins (6 cup kind) for mixing paint and saving
Buy pourable lids to put on the saves a ton of paint.
INVOLVE THE COMMUNITY...let them hold a brush as they ask about it.
TALK to the city officials and police department beforehand (We were almost
arrested the first night for graffitting a wall, it was just like an episode
of cops, they were coming on me and my entourage of 7th and 8th graders!)
If you need any other suggestions, feel free to e-mail me directly.