Re: teaching art to EMD students-help!

---------

From: Patty Phillips (plphillips_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 19:20:49 PDT

Jeryl,

When I taught elementary art we mainstreamed ECE students most of the time.
Students came with a class of the same developmental level and always with
an aide. If the student needed to leave before the end of class, the aide
would take him or her out. This was okay, but the year I taught the MMD
class as a class was much more fun. All of the aides came to class--three
with a class of eight students. Only one student in the class was actually
able to follow a lesson, so I taught to him and the others did their best
with the help of an aide. This worked out better for all of us.