Re: mural project

---------

From: greg sharp (eldoradoreefgold_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 17:09:52 PDT

from<eldoradoreefgold@yahoo.com>if you need any addtional thematic inspiration from american and the afro-americanexperience to promote such a great project ,i have dealt with all of the techniques and organizational situations before...sounds like it's going great guns...keep up the good work!!!!!lol...:)greg sharp from california
  "Fields, Linda" <fieldsl@guilford.k12.nc.us> wrote: "Does anyone out there have a good course description or fun
> ideas and tips for a course in murals? I want to do this as a good way
of..."

I am currently doing a major mural project with my Art II class. We
researched the 1920s-30s and the WPA public mural projects. Then kids broke
into groups of 3 and designed subject area murals to add color to our boring
beige school hallways. They planned first on paper, then did a grid and a
corresponding larger grid on the walls and are now going great guns on
painting. They have received lots of positive feedback and the other classes
are jealous. It has been a great experience so far-and talk about
integration!! Linda in NC