Re: writing in the art room

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 14:48:59 PDT

Writing is part of art. Art history work, critiques , evals ,reflections and so on. You just can't have it that cut and dry (imho).
Aaron, I think you'd be surprise how much elementary kids could get out of some writing in art. I understand you time constraints, but it is possible to
work it in with bits of writing to have them see the ties in writing and art.
What it comes down to is we all just do what we think is important, or some get in a rut and can't see other options in their schedules.
I'm lucky I work in a place where I see many other teacher tie art in to their curriculum. How great for the kids to see those ties! I'm glad they found
time for art in classes like math, science, English, etc.
MaryB

Aaron Hopkins wrote:

> i think art should take precedence in art...writing should take precedence in writing! if you have time for other things...that's great, if not great!

---