Re: writing in the art room

---------

From: Dawn Welter (dwelter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 12:51:00 PDT

I think if we want our students to be able to articulate what they have learned in art we need to have them write. I am an elementary art teacher. My
students answer questions at the end of a lesson. The lessons may last five art times. During the sixth art class my students answer questions related to
the lesson. They glue this at the bottom of their artwork. Visitors in our building and parents see the vocabulary and content being taught. It helps my
students remember what they have learned.

Aaron Hopkins wrote:

> i think art should take precedence in art...writing should take precedence in writing! if you have time for other things...that's great, if not great!

---