Re: writing in the art room

---------

From: Dawn Welter (dwelter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 12:36:46 PDT

Hi sbacon,
You asked about writing and art. I have my students answer 6 - 10 questions
depending on the grade level. The questions come directly from the art lesson. I
expect my students to use the vocabulary learned. Third through fifth grade are
expected to use complete sentences, capitalization, and punctuation. I ask them
questions like: How did you make your artwork? What do you like best about your
artwork? If you could make your artwork again what would you change and why?
What is the title of your artwork? Along with specific questions like: What
printmaking technique did you use to make your art? What is a stencil and what
part of the stencil printed your artwork? What is the subject matter of your
artwork? etc. I'd be happy to share more if interested. Dawn