Re: Who/how do I contact for teaching abroad?

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 07:57:53 PDT

To follow up with Melissa's comments, SEARCH is
basically for administrative positions. They screen
candidates more than the other organizations and do
not have a good placement track record for teaching
positions but are good if you want to recruit for an
administrative position.

UNI is a good alternative if you cannot go to ISS or
ECIS fairs. Major schools recruit at all of the fairs
on a circuit from one to the other. With the
competition the way it is, many schools offer on the
spot if they like a candidate. So, it is best to go to
the first fair in the U.S., which is usually ISS or
ECIS if you are in Europe.

I've been to all of the various organizational fairs
over the past twenty years and I would recommend
staying with the organizations that the schools are
members of, primarily ECIS and ISS. Bulletin boards on
the net are good sources for point-to-point
self-recruiting for schools who have last minute
postings.
Teresa