Re: Who/how do I contact for teaching abroad?

---------

From: melissa (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 06:55:16 PDT

On 4/18/02 4:09 AM, "Kathleen Shilson" <kshilson@unitelc.com> wrote:

> I would like to be teaching in a foriegn land- Japan etc Who do I contact or
> how did some of you get to go to Japan?
> Wayne S

In addition to organizations such as ISS and ECIS already mentioned, other
organizations also hold recruitment fairs. I went to the one in Iowa put out
by the University of Northern Iowa (UNI fair)
http://www.uni.edu/placement/overseas. Schools from all over the world were
there. The registration fee was $170, with no placement or other fees taken
- much cheaper than some.
 One of our teachers went to the Search Associates
(http://www.search-associates.com) fair. These fairs are held in a variety
of places, including Maryland, Kuala Lumpur, New Zealand, London,
Cambridge, Toronto, Carmel California, and Houston. For this year, most
fairs have already taken place. The Search fairs still occurring are: London
(April 26-28) and Bethesda, MD (June 16-18).

True, the recruitment fairs are quite intensive, but you have a chance to
meet with and interview with directors from schools all over the world - and
leave with a job!

I will be happy to provide more info if anyone is interested.

---