Re: Summer Art Camp Advice

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 12:51:08 PDT

In a message dated 4/16/02 8:39:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sue_cosgrove@hotmail.com writes:

> I am trying to set up a series of week long art camp at my local community
> center to raise extra cash this summer. Any advice or things I need to
> think or worry about while I am setting this up and doing it? I would
> appreciate any advice.

Hi Sue,
I am in my 3rd year of summer art camp. I run a camp for 3 weeks, 3 separate
sessions (each different) so kids can come to all three sessions without
repeating.
I only do morning camp we go from 9-12noon. I call it a "fine arts camp"
the kids don't take anything home until that friday when everything is
displayed for our "opening." Parent come about 15 mins earlier to see
everything and have refreshments while thier little artists talk about what
they did that week. then it all comes down and put in their "portfolio"
which is made the first day. We have a ton of fun and make incredible
messes! we do two projects a day-sometmes a weeklong one and daily ones.
Always keep them busy, have a snack and juice, teach them about clean up
time.

Worries? My biggest thing was food allergies. I ask this question on the
application.

I make extra cash and have the best time with the little kids. ( I teach HS)
It's a nice change. Email my privately if you want more info. Best of luck
Peace
Gabrielle

---