Re: Summer Art Camp Advice

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 05:52:07 PDT

 I do 3 summer art camps-one is 5 hrs, the other is 4 and the 3rd is 7. I usually start with circle time-with some art related question that they all can answer-that ties into the day's project-favorite color etc, I also made it multidisciplinary-had musicians came in and did a program related to theme-Celtic songs, sea-chanteys, Lighthouse songs and stories-factored in the budget-had guest artists too and this took some of the stress off me. Also had nature walks-gave em a baggie-had to collect 10 things-rule-couldn't be live plants-brought them back in-taped their collection to a paper-drew it-and then painted it. The last afternoon we always have an exhibition and sundae party.