Re: Re: DIGITAL CAMERAS

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 03:51:21 PDT

My area of interest is to what extent people are
usingthe technology as a part of instruction. From
what I have seen, arts instruction is still very
traditional, whether it is DBAE based or not.
Advocacy, I believe, is an essential layer of the
instructional process and of course it would be of
interest how you are using the technology to promote
your program.

I can share with you that as part of a funding pitch
for technology to the Board, a group of teachers from
all areas of the curriculum worked together on a
powerpoint presentation to educate the Board what is
possible with the technology. For the art component,
I pulled in a variety of works done on the computer,
manipulating images, creating images, combining them
with video, etc. Later, several board members told me
that they didn't realize what was possible in the art
area with technology, as demonstrated by the
presentation. I salute whatever efforts you are making
using the technology to "sell" the value of its
incorporation as just another tool in the toolbox.

Teresa in Prague