student writing

---------

From: Eric Holsen (holsenek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 22:00:13 PDT

Talk about timing - I am just grading and groaning over my high school
students' Arts Interpretation (MN Grad rule) artist reports. They have good
ideas, but their writing skills are abysmal!

I say yes, make them write in every class! (Art is about communication
after all!) Let's educate these kiddos so I don't have to read misspelled,
poorly punctuated, run-ons and fragments in every publication I encounter in
my retirement! (which is a long long ways off...)

Peace,
Kris
Studio Academy High School
Rochester, MN